This is the final post for my short series about living the thoughtful life. So far I’ve covered thinking about our faith and thinking about others. Today I will cover the surprising need to also think about ourselves.
I am not promoting selfishness, but it’s important:
- To think enough about yourself to know your purpose in God’s plan;
- To know enough to practice self-control;
- To know the things which tempt you so that you are more able to avoid them;
- To know you are allowed to ask God for the things you need and even want;
- To build that personal relationship with God.
When we accept the person God created in us, when we think about how we are fearfully and wonderfully made, then our love for our Lord and His people grows even greater.