Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shared Prayer

The other day someone sent me one of those PowerPoint presentation email prayers. I am not normally a fan of these things. I usually have trouble getting past the really bad artwork and the terrible music that never seems to come with an off switch. The prayer however had spoken to the person who sent it to me so I gave it a second chance – after I unplugged my speakers. Well, it turns out I liked it enough to share it. Unfortunately it’s anonymous so I can’t credit who wrote it or note where it originally came from. Below is the prayer without the pixilated art, without the strange punctuation and without the jangling music.

Dear Lord,

I thank you for this day. I thank you for being able to see and hear the beauty of your creation. I thank you for your blessings in my life.

I humbly request your forgiveness for everything I have done, said, or thought in contrary to Your will.

Please protect me, my family, and my friends from all danger and support me with Your wisdom to gratefully accept all things that come my way.

Let me not whine and whimper over things beyond my control. Let me recognise any sin and acknowledge it as evil. And when I sin give me the courage to confess and repent for my wrongdoings.

Give me strength so that I can provide direction to those who have lost their way. I pray for all my near and dear ones to know You intimately. I pray for those misjudged and misunderstood to have mercy. I pray for peace, love and joy to dominate my family and friend’s lives and that all their needs are met.

Even in those moments when I don’t pray, I ask You to please listen to my heart and continue to use me to do Your will. When this world closes in on me, I pray that you make me go as clean as the way You created me. May the words of this prayer be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them willingly.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen

No comments: