Monday, March 1, 2010

When We Were Young

The year is marching on with an ever increasing pace. Time seems to slip through our fingers. Suddenly we find ourselves with demanding jobs, countless responsibilities, and mounting debts. We wonder what happened to our youth, what happened to our dreams and what happened to that chocolate cake I cooked three days ago?

When we were young we had grand plans and our hearts and minds were filled with so many dreams. I wanted to be a ballerina, a famous actor, a skilled artisan. Then time moved on, dreams changed and the Lord carried me in other directions.

Both my dreams and my circumstances are very different now, but life remains an adventure. I may not know what’s around the next corner, everything might seem to be speeding by in a heart beat, but I do know that our Lord has everything under control.

And this brings me great comfort and peace.

No comments: