Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday Prayer

Our Lord is Risen. He is Risen indeed!

Dear Lord, we worship you and praise you. You rose from the horrors of the cross, you rose from the depths of anguish and pain, you rose from death to save us. We ask that you fill us, change us and make us more like you. Show us our sins and give us the strength to give them up. We turn back to you now and ask your forgiveness. We thank and praise you for your patience with us and your forgiving heart. You are so worthy because it was your faithfulness and love towards us that saved us from ourselves. So, Lord, we ask in worship to you, that you help us to be the people you made us to be.

Amen.


photo: sunrise at Merimbula Lake on the Sapphire Coast, southern NSW, Australia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Linda

I Hope You and Your Family have a
Blessed Resurrection Sunday

God Bless You, Ron

HE IS RISEN!.....HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Hi Ron, all the blesings of Resurrection Sunday to you too

Susan Fields said...

What a gorgeous sunrise and a beautiful Easter Sunday prayer!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Susan, I so rarely see sunrises. I was on holiday and I have no idea what got me up so early but it was soooo worth it :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! Thank you Linda. I've been dealing with something very frustrating today. I need the reminder to remember His goodness, love and compassion. May my heart be softened to others who have hurt and betrayed me. He is Risen and His power is available for any and every situation. Thank you for that great reminder!