Monday, April 19, 2010

Persecute Me


Tell me I’m foolish. Ostracise me from your groups. Hate me. Reject me.

It only makes me stronger.

Throw stones at me. Chase me from your homes. Steal from me.

It only makes me stronger.

Say cruel things to me. Lock me in a prison. Do your worst.

It only makes me stronger.

I am stronger because I have my Lord who shields me from everything that could ever be done to me. His love for me shines through all the fear, all the hate, all the persecution.


He is Glory.

He is Life

He is mine.

12 comments:

Just Be Real said...

AMEN!!

Oh what an encouragement Lynda! Perfect timing. Thank you for sharing. Touched me. Blessings.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

His strength really can get us through anything.
~ Wendy

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

JBR - I wrote this one last week but kept putting it off from posting it. I'm glad it was an encouragement.

Wendy - Amen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this....It encouraged me today. I have been experiencing this recently as I have been getting closer to God. But, as your post says. It is only making me stronger. Amen

Blessings,
Tammy

Lorena G. Sims said...

It only made me stronger..
Such a blessing to know we have our Lord God who will always carry us.

Cherie Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Amen!
With joy,
Cherie

Karen said...

Praise the Lord...I echo this with you....

Deborah Ann said...

True that!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Tammy, it's "funny" how that happens. Often when we draw closer to God other forces want to pull us away and things get rough. But it only makes us draw even closer to God.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Thanks Lorena, Cherie, Karen, and Deborah Ann for leaving a comment. Yes it is such a blessing to know we have our Lord who will always carry us.

Unknown said...

Lynda,

Thank you for your words and your creativity!

I appreciate you...

Blessings,
Melanie

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Thanks for the (much needed) encouragement, Melanie, but these aren't my words. They are God's. I don't think I am clever or wise enough on my own ;)