Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Celebrations

Reflection Space


Today’s post is both a devotional and a thank you. I’d like thank Rebekah from Reflection Space for turning one of my blogs into a featured post to celebrate her 100th post. I feel deeply honoured.

I am also delighted because “I Am Yours” was written when I had only about 3 followers. It seemed a shame for one of my favourite posts to get lost amongst all the other posts.

Please visit her blog and check it out. 100 is an impressive number and it reflects her dedication to sharing her life with God, her creativity and her gift for encouragement.

As Romans 12:6-8 says, we all have different gifts and, like Rebekah, we should use these gifts with generosity and cheerfulness. We may never know how much it touches someone. We may never know what a difference we have made. We may never gain any feedback at all. But it is right and it is pleasing to God and it does make a difference.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynda,
Congratulations on being featured. I'm in the middle of a "Life Study" of 2 Corinthians. It's online and wonderful. Check it out. www.lifestudy.com. You might enjoy it. Click on Online Life Study.
Blessings,
J. Aday Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Writer

Stephanie M. Page said...

Congrats! I came here from Rebekah's blog and am really enjoying her list of bloggers. Now following! =)

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I went there and read it and left a comment. I can understand why it is your favorite. It is a powerful post.
(Question: what kind of flower is your image?)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

J. Aday - Thanks for that. I checked out the study. It looks like a really great resource. Thanks

Steph - welcome to my blog. Thanks for following. I'm following back. I'll check it out properly tomorrow coz it's getting late and my husband is due home soon and I'm exhausted from painting walls.

Elizabeth - thanks. The flower is a minature pigface. I spoke briefly about it in a march post called, Our Gardener (not sure how to make links in a comment). I am currently using the flower because I have no recent photos of myself.

Rebekah said...

Lynda- Thanks for these beautiful and kind words!

May you be blessed in your writing and everything else that God has for you ;0)

Rose said...

I haven't been to Rebekah's yet, but how wonderful to be featured! Praise God!

Surprised By Joy! said...

Congratualations on being featured. I don't have time now, but will check it out tomorrow.
You're right about us not knowing how we touch others through our kindness and encouragement. Speaking of that, thank you for your comments on my blog. They are very much appreciated and encourage me. :)
I love the community that God is putting together on the blogs.

Blessings,
Tammy

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Rebekah - likewise! hugs

Rose - you really should. It's a great blog :)

Tammy - God really does work in powerful and awesome ways. When I joined the blogging world 2 months ago I didn't expect to find such a wonderful, encouraging community. I feel really blessed to be a part of it.