Friday, April 16, 2010

The Honest Award

I've been given an award, thanks to Rebekah from Reflection Space. It has taken me a few days to think about it.

According to the rules, I have to share 10 honest things about myself with you, and then pass the award on to ten of my favourite bloggers. Here it goes...

1. I’ve been married to my husband for 11 years. He is my soul mate. He is my best friend.

2. I love to write. I can lose myself in my writing. Not only do I love to write about God and living the life of faith, but I also love writing fantasy and science fiction. It might seem like a strange combination but that’s me.

3. I love indulging in digital art better than traditional art because it’s less messy and heaven made the undo button.

4. I don’t like myself. I am my worst critic in everything I do. God is working with me on this one. He is teaching me self acceptance. Some days I’m better at it than others.

5. Most people don’t realise that without God by my side I’m afraid of everything. He gives me strength and courage. He gives me peace.

6. I love the artistic eye of exceptional photographers. They see another aspect of the world God created.

7. I’m an avid computer game player. I even competed in an international tournament. After winning the nationals, I went to the USA and competed in the finals against the Americans and the Japanese. I was the only female competitor. And I won first place.

8. I love chocolate. I’m not talking about white chocolate. That’s pretend chocolate. I’m talking about the hardcore stuff... the 70% cocoa or higher. Nomnomnom.

9. I don’t drink coffee. I love the smell of it but just can’t handle the taste of it.

10. I have been a Christian for 28 years. I didn’t know what it was to be alive until I met Christ. But it’s only been the last few years that I began to talk and write about my faith.

I know that I should take advantage of the next bit to promote my blog etc, but honestly many of my favourite blogs are award free blogs. So, I’m going to name a few of my favourites (not in any order) and leave it at that.

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

Lovely hearing more about you, my heart felt full of Gods love toward you as I read.

Is that you and your husband above?

He is going to use you..I feel it. :0)

Anonymous said...

I say a big AMEN! to number 10. No one lives until they know Jesus!

Rose said...

How nice to read more about you! I am with Old Geezer, amen to #1! Have a blessed day!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Great selections and cool to read about 28 and 11.
~ Wendy

Karen said...

I enjoyed reading about you...and congrats on your award. Your #7 would be cause for my youngest son to request an autograph! #10 makes me say...Praise the Lord!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Rebekah - yep, that's me and my husband in the pic.

Wendy - it's hard to believe both... the time has flown by.

Karen - hehe. I actually met my husband through that particular computer game.

Thanks guys for all your comments. I was a tad nervous posting this one.

Deborah Ann said...

Lynda, I didn't like myself for most of my life...I can sooo relate. But all of that changed. Ask God to let you feel how much He loves you - it will change your life!

I love the 'undo' button too...

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Thanks Deborah...and yeah, isn't the undo button just awesome?!

Just Be Real said...

Lynda, congrats on your award dear one! Blessings.